Re: [OM] Re: 75-150 size, weight and quality (was "E. Zuiko 135mm / f3.

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 75-150 size, weight and quality (was "E. Zuiko 135mm / f3.5")"
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 17:36:37 -0800

>>       I've been wanting to pare down my OM outfit, and couldn't decide
>between
>>     the 75-150 and the Vivitar Series One 70-210 f2.8-4. I think you've
>helped
>>     me make my decision. That and a conversation I had with someone earlier
>>     today about the Series One (only non-oly lens I own for the OM's).
>
>Hi Brad,
>
>I think the 70-210/f2.8-4 is a good lens in that I bought one and got some
>good results from it but had to send it back as the internals got shuffled
>up in shipment.  My feeling was that the difference in weight and size
 I guess it comes down to whether you
>find that you would carry a lens as big as the Viv around.  You obviously
>do.
>Cheers,
>
>Joel

     Hi Joel,

       Ok, confession time :) I was losing too many moving shots with my
    OM's (when doing wildlife), so I've gone to AF. I STILL have my OM,
    though :) I got an A2 with a 80-200 f2.8L lens. My point here, I guess,
    is that the aforementioned Viv series one is about HALF the size of the
    Canon lens. So, you're right, size isn't really an issue. I STILL see my
    OM system as a compact set-up, even WITH the Viv :) But your point about
    the 75-150 being smaller is a good one. Now you have me pondering over
    which lens to keep again ;)
                                         Thanks for the reply :)
                                                Brad