Re: [OM] A flashy question...

Subject: Re: [OM] A flashy question...
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:59:14 -0500
Hi Steve,

I use an OM 2 with a T-32.  This may be of relevence to your question.
The synch speed is 1/60 however the manual suggests 1/30
"to avoid accidental dial shifting".
At these speeds, assuming that the flash is the dominant light source to a
point
where the ambient light has no effect on the exposure, slow shutter speed
doesn't matter much.  The flash exposure is 1/1000 or faster.
If the ambient light will become part of the exposure a tripod is a good
idea.
Also the subject must remain still.
I would imagine that the 310 is similar as far as synch speed goes.
As far as I know, any flash unit would have the same effect be it auto or
manual.

Charlie L.