Re: [OM] Q: Remote Cord and vibration

Subject: Re: [OM] Q: Remote Cord and vibration
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:40:41 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Wilcox
Subject: [OM] Q: Remote Cord and vibration

>...I have tended always to use a cable release even with a winder, fearing
>that the winder's mechanism to trip the shutter might introduce more
>vibration during slow, tripod-mounted exposures than a traditional cable
>release.

This is interesting as I've always felt the opposite. Modern cable releases
are much less floppy than the old fabric type and I've thought that my home
made remote for the Winder 2 which has a microswitch on the end, imparts no
movement to the lead to be passed on to the camera. On the other hand, I
feel that the addition of the Winder moves the camera away from the tripod
screw and adds increased whippiness to the whole assembly and prefer to
remove it for tripod use.

Regards,
Keith
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx