Re: [OM] Q: Remote Cord and vibration

Subject: Re: [OM] Q: Remote Cord and vibration
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 21:40:21 -0600
At 11:40 PM 3/22/99 -0000, you wrote:

> [...]
Hi Keith,

Yes, I find your experiences interesting as well. The background to my
question is that a couple months ago I was shooting OM-2S and 200/f4 with
2X-A, all mounted on a long lens support bracket made by Bogen. Tripod was
low to the ground and center post down. Because of the low vantage point I
was kneeling and of course trying not to touch the tripod.  I was holding
my 12" cable release (a very good one BTW), waiting for my shots, when I
started to feel a tiny bit of fatigue in my arm. Simple movements of the
cable release in my hand I felt could introduce movement in a setup like
that.  I wasn't using a winder but wished I was because then I could use
the 5 m M.Remote Cord with its long, limp, light cord.  At least I know
with the latter I wouldn't introduce any movement to the camera through the
shutter release itself.  Now if I just knew for sure that the winder
doesn't introduce any movement ...

Joel