Re: [OM] Fast Wide Angles

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast Wide Angles
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:40:49 -0800
>From: "Glen Lowry" <lowry@xxxxxx>
>I'm new to this list...

Welcome!

>... I decided
>to buy an OM-1 and a couple of lenses for hiking.  Now I'm hooked...

Ah, the joy, the pain, of Zuikoholism. :-)

>I love wide angles and was looking at picking up a 24/2, 28/2, or 35/2-- and
>possibly a 21...  Are there any of these fast wides (SC/MC) that I should
>steer clear of?

The 24/2 is the only one that you see negative comments about. I have the
whole set, EXCEPT the 24/2, and I opted for the 24/2.8 instead. In
particular, the 21/2 is an AWESOME lens -- I beleive it is the only one of
its length and speed available for ANY camera. But be prepared to spend
nearly $700 for a good used one!

>I've seen Gary Reese's test page--a real treat--but noticed
>that there was no listing for the 28/2; so what's the skinny on this lens.

Don't know why it isn't listed, but it gets favorable comments.

>Ps. If anyone's looking to unload any of these lenses, I might well be
>interested.

Bummer. Just got rid of my spare 35/2 and my 21/3.5.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229