[OM] OT:Owner characteristics

Subject: [OM] OT:Owner characteristics
From: RK <rk1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:16:05 +0530
Just picked this post off the Pentax List- great stuff.
RK

Bob's warped view of Cameras and their owners.

--------------------

The Leica owner:

    One just can't be seen stepping from one's Rolls or Bentley to
    make a photograph with a common Nikon! Set up the
    Tripod for me, James.

The Contax owner:

    I've got Ziess optics! ...My photos? Ah, lets talk about resolution.

The Nikon owner:

    Type 1:    I've just gotta get the job done an' it does it, ya know?

    Type 2:    All my friends have one.
    Type 3:    My company supplies them.

The Cannon owner:

    I just got a shot of Julia Roberts with an alien through her bedroom

window an' I'm off to the tabloids!

The Minolta owner:

    Whadda ya mean most pros don't use Minolta? Lookit all the
    gizmos and features, an' it's black!

The Pentax owner:

    Type 1:    I use ISO 6 Bizarro #2 film and take photos of the eyes
                    of bugs.
    Type 2:    I'm an artist and need a creative tool.
    Type 3:    Lets talk bokeh!
    Type 4:    I can't get no respect! (the Rodney Dangerfield of
                    camera owners)

The Olympus owner:

    I backpack to logging sites to get photographic proof of Loggers
    endangering the habitat of the Spotted Snail Darter Cockroach
    Viper (reticulated).