Re: [OM] Fast Wide Angles

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast Wide Angles
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:39:44 -0600

> We are planning to make a week visit to NYC this
> summer.  One of the places I am eager to revisit
> is at the top of Statue of Liberty.  The last time I
> was up there was back in 1966 or 67 on school field
> trip.  This time I am taking my wife and two children
> ages 9 and 7.

Hmmm - that's about how old I was on my last visit.

> Is picture taking allowed at the top (at the Statue's
> crown) ?  As I recall from my vague memory that the
> inside of the observation platform was very narrow
> and constrained.  If the photography is allowed what
> focal length is suitable inside of the Statue ?

Do you mean shots OF the inside, or shots of the surrounding panorama
FROM inside?

I think I have both types of shots - but they are on B/W
120 Pan film...

Best bet is to call the Park Service and inquire about photography.
Also, ask about the state of the windows - my dim recollection is that
they are fairly dirty

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213