R: [OM] "Slave Sensor" Flash

Subject: R: [OM] "Slave Sensor" Flash
From: "Marco Tomat" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:57:25 +0200
Asfaik, the commonest type is the one triggered by the light of the main
flashes. They are cheapish too. They can be with PC or mini-jack plug-in.
(look like bulbs with a plug-in) The con of these is that anyother
photographer may trigger your flash (in a wedding f.i.). Then radio slaves
have been developed. besides this, there are other systems (IR?) for
instance in Broncolor system with the meter you can trigger flashes without
cables. Many (most?) big studio flashes have a flash light sensor built-in.
The most sophisticated systems allow OTF TTL control of remote flashes too.
I believe they are radio-controlled only.

Marco