Re: [OM] Camera Bag (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Bag (OT)
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:16:37 EST
In a message dated 3/30/99 4:15:47 PM EST, jans@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< As far as avoiding BS, I think Camera World is in the same league as B&H.
 True, they don't have the stock B&H has, but they'll let you know. And
 they're a lot friendlier, also!

Jan,
I thought I had made it clear that I wasn't picking on CWO. I was referring to
the "Pop Photo" advertisers. ( and if I name them, I'm sure I'll be flamed
from someone who had a great experience with the store I mention!) I know that
CWO is quite reputable, but they and others don't tell you an item isn't in
stock,
*unless you ask*.

<<Being a local, I shop Camera World quite often. Their "walk-in" retail
prices are higher, but they will honor their mail order prices if you ask
them. I have *never* known Camera World staff to lie or mislead about stock --
"I've got it," or "that would have to be back-ordered" are the responses I
get.

It would be difficult for them to lie to you, since you are a "walk in". You'd
know right away if it was in stock, no? :)

George S.