Re: [OM] Minimum Studio set up

Subject: Re: [OM] Minimum Studio set up
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:53:21 EST
Hi Jan,

     I'd recommend the following for what it's worth--I'm not a pro:

     1) Use a diffuse light source--soft box or window to capture a the
subtleties of
         fabric and wood grain.

    2) The 50 would be my choice--the 28 would be out altogether, due to the
distinct
         possibility of observable wide angle distortion.

    3) Obviously you're going to use a tripod, but I'd shoot one roll each of
ASTIA 100,
        VELVIA, KODACHROME 25, and possibly PROVIA 100 is I couldn't achieve
        at least F8 with the slower films. Each of these is going to offer a
different flavor,
        while adding inconsequential material cost.

    4) Aperture f11 to f22.

    5) Also, I'd borrow or rent a flash meter, and still bracket +/- half a
stop.

The pros of course, can offer deeper insights still.

Alex