Re: [OM] OT Statue of Liberty/Camera Bag

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Statue of Liberty/Camera Bag
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 21:30:04 -0500

>Denton, Kenneth, and Dan,
>
>Thank you very much for your advice.  I should have been
>more specific about the picture taking at/in the Statue.
>
>My intention is to take photos of my kids inside of the
>Statue maybe along the spiral steps or at the top (crown)
>- if I can make 354 steps.  I got the necessary information
>from the National Park Service website (www.nps.gov/stli)
>such as photo taking policies at the Statue.

It's kinda dark and gloomy and I wonder if the T32 will cover the 24
adequately but why not try? I would think on the steps will be much better
than the crown. You will have plenty waiting time. In any event, you will
find MANY opportunities on the island and on the boat to take great pix.

>I was wondering if the OM-4Ti/24mm and the T32 flash
>combination would work in that confined area and time
>at the inside of the crown (Statue's head) and with
>minimum fiddling with the focusing and aperature
>rings.  I am also planning to carry a P/S (Oly Stylus
>mju) in the pocket.
>
>Since we are planning to arrive at the Statue around at
>8:30am, I think we can be at the crown about 10:30am
>(the park opens at 9:30).  I was wondering whether I
>should carry the F280 flash instead of the T32 when I
>take the photo against backlit children from morning sun
>facing the windows at front part of the crown - assuming
>the Statue's face is facing east.  I think the F280 would
>better in this situation, for I just set the aperature
>and don't worry about the shutter speed in Super FP
>mode.  In what direction is the Statue facing, anyway ??
>Denton, do yo know ?

Son, you be buggin... OF COURSE The Statue faces east. I just looked out my
window to make sure :-)

If they faced it West, then it would be facing New Jersey, and how would
that look!!!

Face to NY, ass to NJ...

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com