Re: [OM] The OM 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] The OM 2000
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 06:38:46 EST
In a message dated 3/31/99 10:15:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, denton@xxxxxxxx
writes:

<< IMHO you should buy a used OMt before an OM2000. You will get a higher
 quality camera with very sophisticated metering options. You could pick up
 a 4t used for $600-$800. >>

I agree that a used OM may be a better choice. A decent OM-1 can be obtained
for about the same price as a new OM2000. Unless you really need one of the
unique features of the OM2000 (1/125 synch, multi exposure capability) you'll
probably be happier with a good single-digit OM (1, 2, 3, or 4). I'm thinking
about picking up a 2000 myself. They're so inexpensive, and I have some ideas
I'd like to try which would be *much* easier with that multiexposure lever.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI