Re: [OM] Camera Bag , lunch bag

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Bag , lunch bag
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 08:14:18 EST

<< I would like to try the same solution; where did you find the close cell
 foam.  If it's what I'm thinking of it's fairly stiff so that it can but
 custom cut with a clean edge (to line a non-camera looking back) ?  I've got
 some regular foam but it is too soft and really tough to cut camera/lens
 places with any kind of straight line.

 Chip  >>
You can find a type of closed cell foam in the camping section of your local
discount store. Its used like a mattress for sleeping bags, and costs less
than $10 per pad.  There's another type that you can get at a plastic and foam
stores which you cut out to make indentations for your gear.  I think the
first type will provide better impact resistance and is water resistant but
may be difficult to glue at right angles.  It is easy to cut with a razor
though. If you go to a large fabric store you can buy something called
"universal" which is a felt type of material that you can use to line your bag
with (assuming you're handy with a sewing machine.)  It will accept the hook
part of Velcro fasteners so you can design a bag interior for whatever set up
you need at the moment.

Warren