[OM] A Death in the Family

Subject: [OM] A Death in the Family
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 05:46:24 -0800
You aren't going to believe this... Well, maybe you will...

As you know, I just got an IS-30 to replace my IS-10. (I missed two things in my
preliminary report: The grip is no longer rubberized. The lens cap now can be
pulled out about 1/4" (6mm) to permit leaving a skylight or other filter/CU lens
on the camera when using the cap.) I want to sell the IS-10, so I checked it out
carefully, even though I'd used it just last week before and the pictures came
out okay.

uh-HUH.

Autofocus was flaky. Not only wouldn't the camera focus correctly, but it
buzzed, burped, and jerked. I put the same battery in the IS-30, and the new
camera worked fine.

Wouldn't it be "cute" if IS cameras were like Furbys, and when you get two in
the same room, the newer one tells the older one to "drop dead"?

Hopefully the repair cost will be low enough that I can sell the camera and
still have a few bucks left over. At least I had the good luck to buy the IS-30
at _exactly_ the moment I needed it.