[OM] lens for sale, OM1 battery fix

Subject: [OM] lens for sale, OM1 battery fix
From: "Ron Crabtree" <crabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 21:26:29 -0600
I am new to the mail list, but have been an Olympus user for 15 years.  I am in
the process of buying a 350mm 2.8 and therefore I am selling my Sigma 500mm
f4.5 for Olympus(I plan to use a 1.4x and thus have a 350mm and 490mm lens but
much less volume and weight).   The lens is still under warranty and is in mint
condition.  Such fast, long telephotos are VERY hard to find these days.  If
interested, check my ebay ad, #86817095.

Incidentally, I usually use OM4Ts, but recently purchased a used OM1 to use in
very cold conditions(Have other OM4T users had problems with a tripod mounted
OM4T having the life sucked out of its batteries by cold tripod heads?)  I was
faced with the problem of finding a battery for the OM1 as many are aware.  I
purchased a MR-9 adapter from C.R.I.S. camera(www.criscam.com) and have been
very pleased.  It allows me to use a standard silver 76 battery and my meter
works great!  I have heard that the common practice of altering the battery
circuit on OM1 can lead to varying meter accuracy.  I can readily recommend the
MR-9 adapter as a better alternative.

Sincerely,

Ron Crabtree