[OM] Out with the old?

Subject: [OM] Out with the old?
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 04:38:42 -0500
All,

I've got a well-used 35-70/4 Zuiko S that's currently at the crossroads of
retirement & overhaul and would appreciate some input.  I have no emotional
attachment to this lens (unlike some of my other Zuikos!) and I'm not sure
what the best route is.  While still useable, the focus is looooooose and
the aperture ring has no detents left.  In addition, it's pretty
bulky/heavy compared to my other Zuikos.  I tend to use my zooms for either
a) snapshot-type stuff where I want only 1 body/lens to carry around, or b)
to help frame my "serious" shots before switching to a Zuiko prime in order
to shoot it.

Compounding the problem, I've also got a sick OM1n ready to be transported
to Dr. John at the OM hospital for a CLA & a meter repair.  My OM1 is my
backup body to my OM2sp's, also serving to make camera salesmen drool...

Looking at the numbers, I can probably get an OM2000 w/35-70 at the same or
less price as having the body & lens repaired.  While I shudder at the
thought of shooting with any equipment made more recently than 1985 <g>,
this might be the way to go.

Any input/suggestions from listees with either OM2K experience or more
intelligence than me?  I'd appreciate it...

Thanks,

Dave