[OM] Selftimer

Subject: [OM] Selftimer
From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 10:01:49 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think a camera that costs $1500 (OM 3ti) or  $2195 (Leica M6 TTL) should
include a selftimer as a standard feature.  Selftimers were even included
on many better 1920s folder cameras. They are of great use when you:
* have forgotten a cable release
* want to include yourself in the picture
* want to avoid vibrations in stills, macros, sunsets, interior shots
  Example: I used my OM 4 selftimer last year in Florence to take church
ceiling pictures with the camera mounted on a small Novoflex table top
tripod.

Just because some people never use selftimers doesn't warrant their
removal. I really don't think there is an excuse not to include selftimers
in a top level camera whether it's Olympus or the "prestigious" Leica.
The OM 1 & 2 had it right in this respect.
Jan