Re: [OM] lens for sale, OM1 battery fix

Subject: Re: [OM] lens for sale, OM1 battery fix
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 12:09:47 -0400
Modifying the OM-1 meter with the proper diode gives you a dead on
reading at all light levels if used with the silver oxide battery.  This
mod essentially builds the MR9 into the camera.
When one of my own customers recently got his OM-1 back from a local
camera store (where he left it for possible repair) he discovered later
that the store had removed his $30+ MR9 and gave him an alkaline battery
instead.
If you add the diode and still use the alkaline 625A battery,  the meter
can be non-linear.

John
http://www.zuiko.com