[OM] Vision Age - update

Subject: [OM] Vision Age - update
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:13:38 +0100
Having just got back from a couple of days away I have read through the
recent posts with interest. I have also just received an e-mail (!!!) from
the club to inform me that the copies will arrive with me Wednesday 7th.
April - this message also implies that the odd issues will be included.
We'll see....

Bill's figures were basically correct, with one addition (see below):

Assuming that one full set of Vision Age weighs 3kg (mine weigh about that
but my balance isn't accurate and packaging may take it over this amount)
then to post one full set to the US:

- International Standard air mail (5 days) - 26.20UKP
- International Economy surface (28 days) - 19.90UKP
- International Paper Rate air mail (5 days) - 24.19UKP
- International Datapost (1 day guaranteed) - 42.70UKP

Currency rate can be checked at http://www.oanda.com/converter/classic

To post all 8 sets together (say under 25kg) to the US would cost:

- International Standard air mail (5 days) - 106.40UKP
- International Economy surface (28 days) - 85.20UKP
- International Datapost (1 day guaranteed) - 160.60UKP

Paper rate is not available over 5kg.

I am quite happy to send all issues to one address or send them to
individual addresses but I cannot handle lots of US checks as my bank
charge me over $15 to cash each one. So, here is my idea.

Either:

I post all US issues to one address and let the person know shipping costs.
They add costs inside the US, collect the money and post me one big check
to cover the whole amount; this can be in UKP or in $US if $15 is added,

or:

I post individual sets to individual members by whatever method they
choose. One person coordinates the currency and posts me ONE check either
in UKP or $US plus $15.

The second method is probably easier and quicker and list member can choose
their shipping method. BUT PLEASE:

Can money be sent on to the coordinator and then to me quickly - I have
already committed nearly $600 and I will need to add around $400 to that
for shipping (:

Well, should we have a quick vote - and by the way, who is the coordinator?

David