[OM] Any scuba divers on the list?

Subject: [OM] Any scuba divers on the list?
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:38:57 -0700
>From: Joshua_Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Last month, under pressure from an impending tax refund, I
>splurged on a used Ikelite housing for OM-1 and 1n...

So you're the one who snagged that! Looked like a good buy. I wanted it not
for underwater use, but for protection during water sports, such as
wind-surfing.

>... Any advice for a new underwater photographer, other
>than obvious things like replacing all the O-rings on a used case
>so it doesn't flood the first time I use it?

I'd suggest you try it in a "controlled environment" the first time, like a
bathtub. That way, when the water pours in, you are close to a telephone so
you can scream at the person who sold it to you. :-)

I remember the ad. It said something like "a good user will grease the
seals before use," so I'd also suggest you be on your best behavior,
because it will obviously give a "bad user" problems. :-)

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229