[OM] Interesting Auction on EBay

Subject: [OM] Interesting Auction on EBay
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 22:04:27 +0000
Been reading some of the archives for a while.  Maybe this is the answer to
the "wish list survey" that went around just over a year ago?   ;-)

See the following camera being auctioned on E-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=87942318

Found it tonight; it wasn't there yesterday.  Note the name on the camera,
its model number and take a close look at it.  Then read the advertising
*carefully.*  Wonder where it was made?  Wonder if Olympus knows about it
(not the auction, but the camera itself)?  Doubt Olympus could do much
about it though.  First time I've seen something like this, but I've heard
about similar items.  No bids on any yet, but wonder if anyone will get
fooled by it.  Don't know whether to laugh, cry or both.

-- John