Re: [OM] Lens Hood for 35-105 Zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Hood for 35-105 Zoom
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:25:45 +0000
At 01:07 4/11/99 , 'twas a dark and stormy night when Gary Reese bravely
risked power surges to reply:

>Sounds like someone just unscrewed a filter with the hood attached.  You are
>describing the only hood I know for the 35-105mm f/3.5~4.5.  Once you loosen
>the small screw the filter should be removable, unless it got stuck somehow.

Zounds!  You are right.  I pulled on the threads some using another filter
and the filter it was wedged onto came out.  Not only did I get a lens
hood, I got a Tiffen Skylight 1A in excellent condition.  Sure was in there
tight.  Took half the writing off the outside of the Tiffen filter's brass
ring.  Suspected was a 1A as it seemed to have a slight tint to it but not
as much as the B+W I use.

Thanks,
-- John