Re: [OM] Zuiko 85-250 vs Canon 70-200L (surpise?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 85-250 vs Canon 70-200L (surpise?)
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:43:18 -0700

GPaul64@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> While I have been always been quite satisfied with the attributes and
> advantages of my OM bodies over the latest autofocus pro cameras, I have been
> less comfortable with the aging line of Zuiko lenses compared with the latest
> from the C/N line.  The biggest gap, as I saw it, was the lack of a modern
> 70/80-200 zoom incorporating the latest low dispersion glass technology.
>
> Over the years, I have acquired every Zuiko zoom in this range (with the
> exception of the latest Cosina offering) and have come to my own conclusion
> that the 85-250 is the sharpest, at around 200mm, f/11.  This includes, as
> you suspect, the 65-200, the 50-250, and, incidentally, a 70-210 2.8/4.0
> Series 1 Vivitar.

I was at a camera swap meeting in Vancouver, BC this morning and met a gentleman
with a Leica M6 fitted with a screw threaded 19mm Voigtlander lens which he said
was made by Cosina ........ there was some mention of Cosina having bought the
Voigtlander name recently.

Would this Voigtlander Cosina be the same Cosina as mentioned above?

jh