Re: [OM] Digital camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital camera
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 02:58:24 -0500
On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 08:18:48PM -0400, Sebastien Roy wrote:
> I got a DC-260 from Kodak (around $900), with a resolution of more
> than 1500x1000.  I do not like it.
> Some features:
> - It is slow
> - It eats batteries.
> - no real manual mode, bad long time exposure mode
> - flaky software (on of them does not "boot" anymore).
> - It can take very reasonable outdoor shots of well lighted scenes,
>   just like a point&shoot.

My Minolta DImage V is about like this, except that the resolution is not so
high. A couple other things I don't like about mine: The image sensor is
only asa 100 equivalent, and the lens is a miserable f/5.6. Between the two,
composing indoors is nearly impossible. The built-in flash also tends to
overexpose at close distances. I've gone to using an XA for all but stuff
where I need the picture in a digital format NOW.