Re: R: [OM] self timers; F3-P

Subject: Re: R: [OM] self timers; F3-P
From: Omer Nezih GEREK <gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:35:56 +0100 (MET)
On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Marco Tomat wrote:

> If I remember right, also the F3 P(ress) camera lacked the self timer. Was
> deidcated to Japanese photoreporters. I guess it was lest they should not
> accidently include themselves in the shoots. The camera did not allow the
> cable-release too.
>
> Marco

A journalist friend of mine uses that one (F3 P). As the name implies, it
is a "press" camera, not necessarily for the Japanese. For a press
journalist, there is no way that they include themselves in a picture.
It is not a general purpose camera. Exactly for that reason, it doesn't
have a cable release, either. The shutter speed ring is bigger, so are the
other buttons. They are also more dust and moisture sealed. The
circuitry and plastic parts are near to the military equipment
specifications.

But, then, we should not consider it as an all purpose camera.

Is the M6 designed more for the journalists? It is hard to think so..

Olympus necer paid much interest in the professional market anyway. The
only alteration on the OM bodies were those fancy leather covers. Does
anyone know any significant model alteration for specific purposes?

OMer