Re: [OM] OM1 battery fix (2)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 battery fix (2)
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:52:41 -0400
At 04:42 PM 4/14/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Wayne,
>  I may be missing something here.  Because the required voltage for an
>OM1/OM1n is 1.35v and the lithium cells do not have the required current
>characteristics.  Your first para sounds like fry-baby time.
>Rand E.

Maybe two batteries is too much, I just can find a lithium battery that
fits without a spacer. So one CR1632 with spacer would give 3-3.6V that
can be used as the input to a regulator, the output of which is 1.35V.
The part I was thinking of is the LTC1682. Take a look at the LTC1682
at our web site: http://www.linear-tech.com/ click on <New Products>,
click on <Inductorless DC to DC Converters>. Then click on the <1682>.
There is a circuit showing how to connect the part. I guess this part
consumes 150uA while running. I thought it was less. I will double
check with the engineer tomorrow.

Although the spec says outputs down to 2.5V output, it actually can go
down to the bandgap voltage, 1.25V, I am told. This internal bandgap
reference can hold the output, set by a resistor ratio, to around 2%
over temperature. This is a low noise part, designed to supply voltages
to a VCO in a cell phone.

Hope this helps explain.

Wayne