[OM] OM-4 & OM-1 Screens

Subject: [OM] OM-4 & OM-1 Screens
From: "Kinkead, Frank W" <Frank.Kinkead@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:08:11 -0500
Thanks to Lars and Omar for info on accessing and cleaning above my screens
in my OM-4 and OM-1MD (single digit OMs).  It was very helpful.  From some
comments on the List before, I was very careful not to finger touch the
screens during the process.  Both view finders are now much cleaner.

On my OM-1MD, the screen appears to have several tiny smudges (while not
very obvious while in your hand, very obvious when viewing it through the
camera).   I was tempted to try and clean with a lens fluid and microfibre
cloth but wanted to ask the List; lest I mess up the screen completely.

If they can't be cleaned once smudged, I'll leave it alone.  Please advise.
Also, can smudges be removed - gently from the mirror surfaces - and what is
the best way to accomplish this ?

Chip Kinkead
St. Louis, MO