[OM] Substitute for a T20 AutoConnector ?

Subject: [OM] Substitute for a T20 AutoConnector ?
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:45:46 +1000
I went into a camera shop today to buy some film and also asked the salesman
if he had any OM stuff.  He went through his drawers and found very little
(5m remote release for Motor/Winder), then he mentioned he had a non-OEM
flash extension cable.  This sounded interesting and when he produced it the
configuration was as follows:

camera end: T20/T32 style hot foot (including a locking knob)with T20/T32
style hot shoe above.
4 m of cable.
Flash end: cold foot with threaded tripod socket, T20/T32 style hot shoe
above.

So you can mount one end on your OM-2(N) with shoe 3/4 with a T20/T32 flash
on camera then have another T20/T32 up to 4m away mounted on another shoe or
light stand.

This seemed like a useful device so I bought it (refund if it doesn't work
well).

It is made in Japan by UN Company Ltd. and is called "Extension cord for
dedicated flash unit".  A photograph on the instruction sheet shows a Canon
AE-1 and the sheet mentions that there are versions available to suit
several cameras.

The salesman said they were no longer available and that this one had been
in the shop for "several years".

Has anyone else seen these before ?

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia