[OM] Cleaning focus screens

Subject: [OM] Cleaning focus screens
From: Joshua_Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:30:45 -0700 (PDT)
When I absolutely have to use something other than compressed air
or a fine brush to clean optics, I usually use CRC QD Contact
Cleaner.  It's a no-residue electronic contact cleaning spray
that doesn't attack metal or most plastics -- it even works
safely as a negative cleaner.  You don't wipe down the surface or
rub it with anything, just wash it with cleaner and let it run
off, then let the surface dry.  I've used this on OM focus
screens as well as various lens elements without any apparent
damage.

According to the MSDS, it contains isohexane, n-hexane, methanol,
petroleum distillate, and CO2 propellant.

Whatever you do, *don't* use the more common *lubricated*
electronic contact cleaner that leaves an oily film behind.

--

 Josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx  is  Joshua Putnam / P.O. Box 13220 / Burton, WA 98013
                       "My other bike is a car."