Re: [OM] Saw an M-1 FS

Subject: Re: [OM] Saw an M-1 FS
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:38:26 EDT
Paul writes:

> I don't know why dealers will hold unsold merchandise
>  for years rather than reduce it to make a sale.

At least in the book and antique business it's the "show piece syndrome."  By
pricing your show pieces high you give the aura of having classy merchandise,
when really all you are doing is displaying your personal collection.  Since
most folks are willing to part with items from a personal collection if
offered the right price, the show items sit on the off chance that someone
will have that right price.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV