[OM] cleaning screens; IS-30 thoughts; lens tests

Subject: [OM] cleaning screens; IS-30 thoughts; lens tests
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 07:06:41 -0700
It is perfectly acceptable to clean OM focusing screens with dishwashing liquid.
I've done it several times with undiluted Dawn. It does _not_ damage the
screens.

After thoroughly rinsing the screen, use a can of "compressed air" to dry it.
It's _not_ a good idea to rub the screen with anything "solid," no matter how
soft it is.

Last night I ran a roll of film through the new IS-30. "Quicker and quieter" was
my first reaction. The camera opens and closes faster, with less "grinding."
Autofocus is slightly faster, with less hunting (especially in low light). The
very noticeable "ka-thunk" when the shutter goes off is gone. Completely.

I still intend to compare the IS-30's lens with the 28-70/2.8 Sigma and 28/2 &
100/2 Zuikos, but I have no idea when I'll get to it. I want to do this on a
bright, sunny day, but those are rare in the Pacific Northwest.