Re: [OM] Erratic OM4 meter

Subject: Re: [OM] Erratic OM4 meter
From: CANTABENE@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 05:47:51 EDT
What a great assist!  Your diagnosis was accurate and your prescription
worked.  Now that I've exercised that little lever, the metering system is
back in action.

I long ago switched back to using my old pair of Nikon F2s, and no longer
have need for the long-shelved OM4. I've sold off the F/2  28mm Zuiko I once
used with it, but still have a 21mm F'3.5 Zuiko and a 50mm auto macro Zuiko
with 14 and 25mm auto-extenion rings. The 21mm lens  has a buggered fitler
retaining ring which has to be straightened out.  But the 50mm Macro and
rings are in pristine condition.  I've  kept  this camera and the lenses on
the shelf for years because of the metering problems.  I've  kept  this
camera on the shelf for years, reluctant to sell it because of its metering
problems. Now that the metering system is working, I'd like to sell the OM4
body and all the above listed lenses and rings. I also have a Winder 2 that
works fine, except that when the battery holder sleeve is put into place  the
catch doesn't work. But a piece of schotch tape does the job.

I had planned to  offer this stuff on e-Bay.  But if anyone would like to
make an offer for everything before I do that,  and save me the hassle of
individual eBay sales, I'll be happy to consider it. I don't enjoy haggling
and am not especially good at it.  So if anyone is interested and would like
to submit a bid, I'll regard it as your top and best offer.