Re: [OM] macro/portrait lens recs.

Subject: Re: [OM] macro/portrait lens recs.
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:31:21 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/99 2:58:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Hallo! I was looking for a used Zioko 90/2, which are very hard to come
 by. ANyone have one up for sale? Also, I've heard that the 100/2 has
 close-up correction, so can that be used a macro? It will be used mainly
 for flower shots, and since the f/length is nice, also for portraits.
 Thanks,
 Siddiq, Redlands, Ca.
 PS, also looking for 200/4.

Hi Siddiq,

    The 100F2.0 goes down to 1:3 just by itself. Moreover, the tests done by
Pop Photo indicated that it outperformed the 90F2.0 wide open in the
distance. I have found it to be the best general purpose photographic lens
I've ever had. To get closer still, I would try a 55mm thread  double element
closeup lens from Canon(who made them for their SSC series) or from Leitz.
     If I personally need to get closer, I have the OM 50F3.5 macro.

Alex