Re: [OM] ** FILTERS ** & coatings

Subject: Re: [OM] ** FILTERS ** & coatings
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:22:15 -0400 (EDT)
Tom Trottier wrote:

Yeah, prefogging can bring up shadow detail, if EVENLY done. It also compresses
the toe of the curve, reducing contrast in the shadows. Usually, a photographer
using prefogging also bumps up his development, increasing the contrast back,
but blocking all the hilites.

[DFang]
  Yes, and that's quite different from blocking the shadows, as per your
first post. One bumps up development if you're suffering from a lack
of contrast. The opposite is usually the case in photography.

[TT]
They also super sensitised it with fumes of mercury. Anyone for bringing that
back? Eventually, you lose your steady 1/4 second hand exposure to neurological
damage...

[DF]
  Hahahahhahahaaaaa...now we're connecting the f/2.8 lenses to
neurological damage ? Nice stretch.

[TT]
Ah, the good old days...

  Hey, Tom I also use Nikon F3s, F4s & current lenses along with my
20+ Zuikos  just in case you think I don't know what an MC lens is capable
of.
                                  *= Doris Fang =*