Re: [OM] Re: OM-1/1N Meter accuracy

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM-1/1N Meter accuracy
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:08:47 GMT
On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:15:07 -0400, John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Some recent posts questioned the accuracy of the OM-1 with either an MR9
>or other meter mod.  I've compared the meter accuracy of the last 6
>OM-1/1Ns that I've converted to the silver oxide 357 battery (using  the
>1N34A diode.) Here is what I found:
>Meter setting is first made at BV12, then the other levels are checked.
>
>BV15 = 1/1000 @ f5.6 (asa 100) error = 0 stops
>BV12 = 1/125  @ f5.6 (asa 100) error = 0 stops
>BV9  = 1/15   @ f5.6 (asa 100) error = 0 stops
>BV6  = 1/2 sec @ f5.6 (asa 100)error = +1/4 stop.
>
>All 6 cameras were identical, once the meter was set up at BV12.
>
>John

Thanks, John this is valuable information!

Do you think that the BV comparison with fixed aperture and film
sensitivity allows for the conclusion that the meter with diode
modification is doing very well in almost all light situations?

Or could the results be less perfect with other film or other
apertures?

I hope that I will be able to reproduce your modification, since it is
not practical to send my cameras to and fro across the Atlantic for
this...

I would do it this way:
0. check the meter without the diode, and calibrate
1. put the diode in, in series with the battery
2. trim the 'new' meter at 1/125 @ f5.6 (ISO 100)
3. check at higher/lower BV values.

Is that about your way of doing it?

Thanks,