Re: [OM] Gobo [Was: 18mm filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Gobo [Was: 18mm filters
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:20:29 -0700
>From: WKato@xxxxxxx

>>Does anyone make thin rim after-market lens hoods?
>>
>>John Hudson

>I saw someone was selling a gooseneck type of device with an alligator clip
>on one end to clip a board or something flat to and a plastic piece that
>could fit into the flash shoe.

These are very nice. I use them quite a bit. If you have several cameras
and enjoy macro, the best buy is their studio ensemble, which includes
three holders and a base they attach to. They come with reflectors, which
are very handy for accidentally bouncing light INTO your lens, too!

If you're on a tripod shooting wide into the sun, you simply bend the
sucker until the lens is in the shade. They are more precise, and can shade
the lens in situations that wouldn't work with a regular shade. I have even
put a quarter on the end to block a sun that is actually in the picture,
then went back and Photoshopped the blue sky over it.

The also supply a set of vingettes, or you can use them for holding props
or macro items, etc. Great invention -- I'd thought of something similar
long ago, but didn't have the time to implement.

Flare Buster, $23.90, shipped, from
Gran View Inc
888-993-5273
www.granview.com

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229