[OM] 85/f2.0 vs 100/f2.8

Subject: [OM] 85/f2.0 vs 100/f2.8
From: Peter & Kirsten Greed <pgreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:11:33 +1000
Hi,

    I'm relatively new to this list - although have been "lurking" for
some time now.
    I have been an OM1 user since 1975, but only started to really use
my system
    a lot in 1994 when I purchased a OM4T, OM4 and a slew of lenses.
    I did this just prior to getting married - smart move eh?!

    My two favorite lenses are my 35/f2.0 and 85/f2.0, they may be a bit

    conservative for some folks, but I love 'em.
    I decided it would be good to have backups for these two and also so
there
    would be less lens swapping on my camera bodies. I recently picked
up a
    pristine 35/f2.0 for $AUS180 ($US120). The dealer who I know well
also
    has a nice 100/f2.8 for a little less then the 35/f2.0.

    Now here is my question - will the 100/f2.8 do kids portraits as
good as my 85/f2?
    I know there was a discussion about 100 vs 85 around Sept last year
on this
    this list, but I have to decide in the next few days whether to
purchase (its currently
    being held for me). Any comments to help me decide are most welcome.

    PS  My wife has approved the expenditure on the grounds that she
gets to
            purchase something "extravagant".

    Regards,
        Peter Greed (Melbourne, Australia)