[OM] Lens Quality Merely a Constraint

Subject: [OM] Lens Quality Merely a Constraint
From: kelton <kelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 99 09:23:42 -0700
>  Everything else is just tech-noise (the sound of testosterone dripping!).

Good point! We all know that objectivity is a chimera, anyway. Lens
quality doesn't really matter, it's just an oppressive, patriarchal
constraint to creativity. In this vein, I'd like to help out. To balance
out the various lens tests and other attempts at hegemonic empiricism
that have been cluttering this list, over the coming months I'm going to
be evaluating each fixed Zuiko lens with a poem, and each zoom with an
interpretive dance.

-- The Zuik Formerly Known As Kelton

(PS: Before I start my metamorphosis, however, I really WOULD like to
know how Zeiss and Leica compare to Zuiko. But I feel so ashamed for
wanting to know. Please hold me, I'm feeling vulnerable.)