Re: [OM] A new version of the 3Ti and 4Ti ?

Subject: Re: [OM] A new version of the 3Ti and 4Ti ?
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:22:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/99 1:07:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Ogreve@xxxxxxx
writes:

> When visiting the Oly site, I filled out the form for requesting a printed
>  folder for the 3-Ti and 4-Ti, and was a bit surprised to see that it's
>  different from the downloadable PDF file. However, much more surprisingly
>  so, is that the grip of the camera (on the right side) is definitely
>  different from the other pictures (as shown in the PDF etc.), there's some
>  sort of additional "bump", which I assume was put there for having a better
>  grip on the camera.

This would be the camera grip 1. An optional (overpriced) accessory which
attaches to the OM-2S, OM-3(Ti) and OM-4(t(i))

>  Also, the folder consistently mentions the cameras as follows: "OM-3Ti" and
>  "OM-4Ti black", AFAIK all 4Ti's are black, so why do they mention that
>  "black" all of a sudden? It leads me to think that some small changes have
>  been made to the 3Ti and 4Ti bodies. Can anyone shed a light on this (no
>  this is not a late April fools joke)?

I believe there were "champagne" finish OM-4Tis, when they were first
released. They were sold in the states as an OM-4T, but I believe there were
champagne cameras badged OM-4Ti sold internationally.

Paul Schings