Re: [OM] A new version of the 3Ti and 4Ti ?

Subject: Re: [OM] A new version of the 3Ti and 4Ti ?
From: gma <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:07:36 -0700
Olaf;

I can shed some light.

The 'bump' on the right is the (formerly optional, now standard) 'assist grip'
or some name like that.  It's a simple plastic addition to the body, held on by
one captive screw.  If you have a 3 or 4 (or 2S?) you can see the screw hole
there on the right side of the body.  BTW, it does improve handling of the body
quite well, IMO.

All 4Ts are **now** black.  The original 4Ts were more of an unfinished
titanium color, some refer to as 'champagne'.  All 4Ts were that color from
introduction (1985?) until about 1990? or so. At this time, Olympus responded
to customer pressure for a black 4T body. For some period, both colors were
available, now only black is. The name '4T black' is a holdover from the time
when the two colors needed to be differentiated.

Hope this helps.

George