Re: [OM] 85/f2.0 vs 100/f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/f2.0 vs 100/f2.8
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:28:10 EDT
Ingemar writes:

> The dealer who I know well also has a nice 100/f2.8

As a next step, I'd skip the 100 and get a zoom covering that length, be it
either the 35-105, the 75-150, or the 65-200mm Zuikos.  Further down the
road, you can pick up a fast prime if 1) it offers a performance increase
that you NEED, 2) you need the extra speed, and 3) it is an often used focal
length setting.  The prime may seem cheaper now, but not when you add your
next prime lens purchase to the equation.  Assuming, of couse, the next prime
lies within the range of the zoom.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV