Re: [OM] RE: macro questions (and a few more for the experts!)

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: macro questions (and a few more for the experts!)
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:11:16 -0500
>Finally, remember that almost all the fast Zuikos have a close-focus
>correction mechanism. Rack one of those all the way out, and add a tube,
>and you'll be suprised at the result! I'm currently having LOTS of fun with
>wide angle lenses and short extension tubes -- the 21/2 and 7mm of
>extension make you feel you're actually "inside" the macro world, and
>there's much greater depth-of-field, as well.

Reminds me of one of my favorite shots (unfortunately, not in the gallery)
of an "Arisaema triphyllum" taken with the 24mm on about 18mm of extension.
 In the photo you are looking directly at the spadix and the curving ridged
hood is over you like a roof.

For the botonically challenged, the "Arisaema triphyllum" is also known as
an "Indian Turnip."  Still puzzled????

Ken (lucky to possess a book with scientific names of common plants, but
knowing that Gary will come up with a real puzzler for me) Norton

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx
(515) 791-2306