Re: [OM] RE: macro questions (and a few more for the experts!)

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: macro questions (and a few more for the experts!)
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:24:26 EDT
Ken writes:

> For the botonically challenged, the "Arisaema triphyllum" is also known as
>  an "Indian Turnip."  Still puzzled????
>
>  Ken (lucky to possess a book with scientific names of common plants, but
>  knowing that Gary will come up with a real puzzler for me) Norton

Also known as Jack-in-the-pulpit."  It's a beauty.  If the spathe extends out
from the hood, it's Green dragon (Arisaema dracontium).  That will come out
in two weeks around you, but the other is out now.  Go forth and discover
Iowa  :-)  At least it's an easy flora to learn - not that many species are
still left in Iowa.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV