Re: [OM] RE: macro questions (and a few more for the experts!)

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: macro questions (and a few more for the experts!)
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:57:26 -0500
Gary R. wrote:
>Also known as Jack-in-the-pulpit."  It's a beauty.  If the spathe extends
out
>from the hood, it's Green dragon (Arisaema dracontium).  That will come out
>in two weeks around you, but the other is out now.  Go forth and discover
>Iowa  :-)  At least it's an easy flora to learn - not that many species are
>still left in Iowa.

Tell me about it.  I'm fortunate to live within 20 miles of two acres of
trees!  There happens to be a woods the size of a postage stamp along one
of the Skunk Rivers--flooded too frequently to farm.

Thanks for the hint on the Green Dragon.  I've seen one before, but thought
it was a defective Jack.  My guidebook doesn't have it, but I'll definitely
be checking my local for said botonistical item.  (is that a word?)  Ah, I
checked my other book and it's in it.  The Green Dragon also has more
leaves.  I hope my "flower-patch" that I've discovered has trillium.  It's
the right terrain and soil type.  Unfortunately it also has plenty of
Poison Ivy.

Ken (really wanting to do flower macro work after a long winter) Norton

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx
(515) 791-2306