[OM] Ode to the 21mm f/3.5

Subject: [OM] Ode to the 21mm f/3.5
From: kelton <kelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 99 12:38:12 -0700
I warned you people about my poetry evaluations. I was serious, but
nooooooo, nobody on this listserve took my threat seriously. Had to laugh
it up, didn't you? Mock me, will you? Now look at what you made me go and
do. Who's laughing now? . . .

Sonnets from the Zuikoese: Ode to the 21mm f/3.5

How do I love the twenty-one mil?
Let me count the ways.
I love it for its tiny breadth and height.
This lens can capture panoramic sights
with awe-inspiring, depth-creating space.
It closes down for intense summer rays
Or opens up for views by candle-light.
I love it freely, for it lends new sight.
I love it purely, carrying it always.
I love it with a love I seemed to lose
When using lenses not so wide as this.
I'll never let it go--but if God choose,
Someday I'll find the 16 mil
And own a full-frame fish.

--The Poet Formerly Known As Kelton Barrett Browning