[OM] Be Ware of Photographic Photo & Video!

Subject: [OM] Be Ware of Photographic Photo & Video!
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:00:06 -0400
Fellow Olympians!

I just discovered today that I made a mistake of ordering an Olympus item from
Photographic Photo & Video in New York City.

Instead of sending me an Olympus Teleconverter, B300, they sent me a Phoenix 2X
Teleconverter which has a price of $59.99 and charged me $49.00 for special
delivery! to make up a total to $108.99.  I was originally told that the
shipping was $8.00 and the item was $99.  There was something strange about it
when I ordered because the salesman asked me for which camera I wanted a
teleconverter for even though I asked for an Olympus teleconverter.  This
teleconverter might work with an Olympus digital camera, but this is not a B300
I wanted.

I learned belatedly that there is a place to consult before you order any items
from any mail-order camera places.

http://photo.net//neighbor/opc.tcl?category_id=0

I have yet to call Photographic Photo & Video about this problem, but from what
I have read on them, what I experienced is typical of their sales tactic, bait &
switch.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/