Re: [OM] olympus docs question

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus docs question
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 08:58:44 -0500
At 11:46 PM 4/29/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>is anyone worried about copyright issues with these docs being
>>online?  if not, can someone tell me why not?

Since the manuals do not contain a copyright notice, and they aren't a
"sold" item, I'd say that we should go ahead and post them.  If Olympus
grouses at us, then we remove them.  But I would find it pretty strange for
a manufacturer to have a problem with copied manuals.  In fact, it is
assumed and encouraged, in many industries, that the manuals will get
copied by a customer for the various employees.  (Government institutions
will always ask for multiple copies to begin with).

Also, consider that most of the manuals would be for items long out of
production.

As is done with everything else, displaying the copyright ownership
information somewhere on the website should be sufficient.

Just remember, It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.  Who
knows, just maybe we might get Olympus to sponser the page with an
advertisement banner.

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography