Re: [OM] A T20 Question

Subject: Re: [OM] A T20 Question
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 23:07:26 +0100
From: Christopher Biggs

>Absolutely.  I'm similarly glad that I got the one with metres.  I
>can't do feet (eg. "fifty feet" is a meaningless figure until I
>multiply by 3/10 and think "fifteen metres").

As a kid on a day trip I noticed that the coach was marked "Length 30 feet"
and it has stuck with me ever since as a point of reference - 30 feet is the
length of a 1950s motor coach. Similarly I remember that the length of a
1960s Rolls Royce saloon was 17 feet!

Incidentally, I think that either fifty feet or its metric equivalent is a
meaningless figure to a T20!

Regards,
Keith
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx