Re: [OM] looking for a small ballhead.

Subject: Re: [OM] looking for a small ballhead.
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 22:24:26 -0500

> Even the lowly Slick lightly pod ( or something like that) has a ball head.
> It screws off and is interchangeable with the tilt pan head of the Slick
> tripods.
> I sometimes use the mini ball head from the monopod on the tripod,
> if the lens is short enough.  Not the greatest camera supports around but
> they support a OM2 with a 50 or 85 mm lens.
> If your monopod head comes off you can put a ball head or a pan / tilt on
> it.

Head?  What head.  This Velbron monopod is truly lean and mean (I
selected it by hefting every monopod in the shop and selecting the
lightest one - it's make of some space-age material designed to
strengthen the monopod and lighten my wallet).  One bolt, sticking
straight up (well, it originally came with a cute little loop which
could be attached to the bolt, just the right size to make it a wrist
strap and turn the monopod into a walking stick.  It's kicking around
somewhere).

And, hmmm...I have a Slik laying about somewhere - once again I went for
lean and mean rather than stout and secure - but it's lasted forever and
does the jobs I give it...  As I recall, it has a hinge mechanism on it.
If I can detach the unwieldly handle, this might do the trick.

A true ball-head is overkill on the monopod, as is a handle to move it
around  - I really want a bang-bang vertical/horizontal adjustment.

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213