Re: [OM] Monopod & ball head

Subject: Re: [OM] Monopod & ball head
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 09:48:02 -0700
>I have a manfrotto monopod and use a small ball head. This allows for minor
>adjustments in angle up & down to suit the subject, e.g. trampolining, and
also
>to suit confined circumstances, like crowded bleachers.
>The head also allows vertical shots because the ball head  has a slot to allow
>the ball to go over entirely to one side.
>And forget any handle!
>Tom

    Ditto here. But to add a bit more...I found a ballhead works well w/small
  lenses but for larger, it seemed to want to flop around too much. With the
  300mm and larger you have tripod mounts on the lens itself, thus eliminating
  the need to adjust vertical on the monopod itself. All you need is up and
  down movement. Thus, the Manfrotto 3232 (or it's quick release cousin) works
  best in this application (and at half the price ;)).

                                                  enjoy,
                                                    Brad